Active Living and Rehabilitation: Aotearoa New Zealand (ALARA) is a research cluster that sits within the Health and Rehabilitation Research Institute (HRRI) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
ALARA is a multidisciplinary research group comprised of researchers, academics and clinicians who have a research interest in individuals, communities and populations living well through activity and rehabilitation.
The vision of ALARA is to improve the lives, health, function and wellbeing of people within New Zealand through our research and networks.
ALARA aims to:
- Provide a network for researchers, to encourage and support research within AUT's School of Clinical Sciences
- Foster national and international research collaborations
- Promote the clinical research performed by members within the group.
- Build research capacity through our undergraduate, postgraduate and post-doctoral students
- Support clinicians and service leaders within clinical practice based on best current evidence.
If you have any questions regarding our research or would like to contribute, you can email Richard Ellis and he will help you or guide you in the right direction.